This is the story of our wonderful holiday adventure to Walt Disney World this past December. For DH & I, it was our first trip to the World during this time of year. Aside from being sick the ENTIRE trip, we had the opportunity to attend some pretty neat events, and we had an amazing time. I hope you’ll join me as I re-live our most memorable moments.
- Dates: December 6 – 18, 2011
- Where we stayed: Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge & Boardwalk Villas
- Special events: D23’s Magic & Merriment, MVMCP, DAP @ WWoHP, an Illuminations Dessert Party, and the Wishes Dessert Party
- Chrysty, 33: A genetically predisposed Disney nerd (on my mom’s side)
- Daniel / Hubby, 36: Happily allows me to drag him all around the World
- Kelley / Mom, 52: She is a true Disney princess at heart and loves to be
immersed in the magic
- David / Step-Dad, 45: Happily allows my mom to drag him all around the World
- Jason /Brother, 24: This was his first time at WDW, he was only able to tag along for a few days
As you most likely already know, Daniel & I are Disneyland locals and hit the parks as often as we can. We took a trip to Walt Disney World in 2008 (his 1st, my 2nd) and we’ve been hooked on the WDW Kool-Aid ever since. I’m a lover of (mostly) all things Disney, and I’m completely addicted to planning trips to WDW. When we first met, Daniel was indifferent to Disney in general, but has found a love & appreciation through all of the amazing experiences we’ve had over the years. I’m so lucky to have a hubby that “gets” it, or at least understands why I get it. We love anything that has to do with the history of the parks, and anything behind-the-scenes. You might have noticed by the title of our TR that we're also huge fans of "The Big Bang Theory".
My mom, step-dad & brother all grew up in southern California and moved to Colorado a little over 15 years ago. My mom has loved all things Disney her entire life, and my step-father has found a love for it through her. They took their first trip to WDW for their honeymoon in 1995, and have been addicted to the World ever since. They took us along for our first family trip in 2008, and now pretty much the only way we see each other is when we meet at the World.
My brother has never been a big fan of Disney; at least that’s what he’ll tell you. However, if you ever find yourself playing Disney Trivial Pursuit with him, he just might kick your butt. I’m certain he had way more fun on this trip than he’ll ever admit.
|L to R: Daniel, Chrysty, David, Kelley, Jason|
Next up: The trek to the World